Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Post In Which Weddings Are Like Childbirth

(photo credit KevinCharles)

It starts out innocent enough... you look at wedding magazines, ooh and ahhh over all the pretty pictures at greenweddingshoes. So many perfect details and sweet moments, you save your favorites and start a massive folder titled "inspiration".

Turning that into a wedding is tricky business and not for the faint of heart. When I planned my wedding, I was 19 and could have gotten married under a bridge with dragonflies for attendants and I would have been happy.

This time I tried much harder for my sister's wedding.


We worked and... sewed napkins and... cried and.... then rallied. Over and over again.



I swore I never wanted to help plan another shindig like this again.

And then the wedding came.

And it was pretty and fun.


So now I'm planning a Christmas Party.



Some people never learn.

7 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Awww! Still can't believe you sewed 200 napkins. I wouldn't sew 50 napkins. No way. You guys are insane!

Lauryl Lane said...

And PS I want to come to your christmas party!

Stacey said...

Gorgeous! I love it all!

ShellyLynn said...

Haha! At least you guys survived.... I'm still hoping to make it on a party invite list some day too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like it was beautiful. You must be a great sister.

Rebecca said...

Amazing, I would love to see more pictures and hear more about it!!

Toiling Ant said...

One of my disappointments resulting from not buying a house last year was that I didn't get to throw a killer Christmas party. :-P