Monday, June 21, 2004

June 21, 2004

Here goes my second attempt at blogging. 

After finally deciding that I would surrender my individuality and join the ever popular crowd of bloggers (no offense to any of you), I realized that my thoughts are way too ordinary and mundane to actually put on paper (err…computer).   However, since nobody has to read this if they find it stupid or boring,  I will quote my grandmother in saying, ”Esther, get over it”, and try to do just that.

Two things about last Friday, and then I promise to end this entry.

First, I have a new experience to add to my list of “Things I never wanted to Experience”.  I had the privelage of having a loaded 22 rifle pointed at my face.  When I told the moron (moron would not be an overstatement) who was holding the gun to kindly point it in another direction, he laughed and said “Don’t worry, the safety’s on”.   Yeeahh, that made me feel a whole lot better.  Since when is it ok to point a gun, loaded or otherwise, at anybody?  Thankfully that was the worst he did that evening, the rest consisted of shooting the tops of handles and shooting spit wads through his straw, and no he wasn’t a little kid, he was a twenty-year-old, and yes I wanted to spank him and put him in a crib.

Anyways,  the other person that begs a description would be my darling brother-in-law Jeff.   He is totally charming and Jim and I love him to pieces, but sometimes I wonder if his head is in another dimension or if he just despises us.  He took a vacation to San Diego this last weekend but failed to inform  us, his brother and sister-in-law, that he was coming until the day before he arrived, at which time he stated that he had only time for dinner with us.  ….dinner?….DINNER?… who does he think we are, some long ago friend that he feels obligated to check in with?  HELLO! we are f-a-m-i-l-y.  We would love to see him anytime and for as long as possible.   Oh well, kids these days.  So to the rest of you young folks out there, (ok, so I’m not as old or mature as I think I am)  family is important! (and yes, that deserves an exclamation point)

0 comments: