Friday, January 29, 2010

The Propane Fairy and Purple Van

After bragging about how awesome it is to be on propane instead of city gas...we ran out of propane in the middle of making dinner for company on Monday. Snap. If I had known I was not going to be able to do the dishes, laundry, cook or take showers for the rest of the week, I probably would have flipped out a lot more.

If Jamie would have taken me seriously when I said playing in the mud would earn him a cold shower, then it would have spared him 5 min of shrieking.

Consequently, when the Pro Flame truck pulled into our driveway at 7 am this morning, the man had two pajama clad kids and an exuberant woman waving and greeting him. I have to say, he looked a little awkward at our happy dance, but I could have kissed his feet when he lit the pilot light on the water heater. And laundry! Heavenly.

When the man left he pulled me aside and said "I've never had a kid thank me so many times for fixing his bathtub. I think he's a little obsessed with baths." I said he'd probably be obsessed with baths too if someone forced him to take a shower with winter well water.

On a closing note, my family left today for Guatemala in a purple van with gold rims and a travel pod on top. I don't know what sort of message that will send as they drive through Mexico, but I hope it's a safe one. If you think about it, pray they make it safely. As crazy as they are, I really do love my family and I'd like to keep them around.






1 comments:

obclhorn said...

I think the purple/gold combo might help them fit in more....

Gosh the kids looks so grown up....

And, even though I hardly ever see your family, reading of them going makes me quite sad...