Sunday, February 21, 2010

Escape From Under The Bridge- Masquerading As Paparazzi

When Curtis told me he was proposing to my sister, I was ecstatic. When he mentioned me taking pictures, I was thrilled I'd get to be in on the action, but that was before I found myself huffing like a maniac across a wobbling suspension bridge in the middle of Hillcrest yesterday.

I enlisted Gabrielle's help, and we had a plan.
But the combination of nerves, excitement and adrenalin meant that we sped into town, parallel parked like we were being chased by the Libyans, and ran three blocks to the historic suspension bridge where Curtis was supposed to propose to Liz...in minutes. After we charged across the bridge to our designated hiding spot, with Gabrielle shouting "I see a white civic!" (yes I know everyone drives a white civic), we skidded to a halt on the opposite side and realized we were on the wrong side. Awkward camera bag flopping behind me like a deranged crow, we turned around and ran back to the other side where we just came from. Duh-oh

We made it though, and we held our breath as Curtis and Liz made their way down the other side of the bridge. I don't know why we were worried they might hear us, the bridge was so long and they were so far away, we couldn't really hear much of anything except for Liz's shriek that echoed through the canyon when Curtis asked her to marry him.
She said yes.


And that is why you should always have a really long lens. We were so far away, we managed to even sneak away without them seeing us.

Here we are under the bridge.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Awesome story!! Love it. Congrats to your sister!

tehBeautifulAngie said...

That is totally awesome! :)

Anna S. said...

OH that is totally awesome, thanks for sharing that story and major congrats to your sister! :)

obclhorn said...

:-)

Lauryl Lane said...

Cute!!!! Yay for Liz & Curtis!!!

sarah kuck said...

Wow! Beautiful that you captured that moment for your sis!