Sunday, July 17, 2005

July 17, 2005

July 17, 2005

I’m the proud owner of a new cell phone, and although I was only one
month short of qualifying for a replacement Sprint
was kind enough to buy back the pieces of  my old phone for 50
dollars.   Although I’m skeptical of new phone’s alleged
stability,  it is cute,
stylish  (read: not a flip or candy bar phone) and Jim dutifully
and wisely bought insurance on it before I even opened the box, so I
can abuse it to my hearts content.
I monotonously put all the numbers from Jim’s cell phone into mine
(which had only a small fraction of what I lost),  while Jim
worked on consuming the new Harry Potter book at a lightening speed I’d
never before witnessed from him (normally, he prefers to enjoy his
books much the same way he enjoys a cigar or a glass of wine). 



…Jim is still finding young Harry’s adventures highly entertaining
(not deep or insightful, but entertaining nonetheless) so I’ve
regressed to surfing the web for nursery ideas.   I don’t
even have a house, and definitely not a nursery, but the baby shower
invitations are in the mail, which claim I’m registered at Babies R Us,
and although I may not have a nursery now, I’m told I need to decide on
colors and a theme so I can get a bunch of  the pastel garbage at
my party. (I’m not as ungrateful as I sound, I’m just still adjusting
to the whole mom world).  After searching through pages of “crib
bedding sets” on the Babies R Us website,  I almost had a
breakdown.   I was barely coping with the “brown is the new black”
in the fashion world,  and now I have to adjust to the news that
green is the new pink, frogs have replaced the teddy bear and toll
painting on cribs is the new “in” thing.  This solidifies the fact
that Jamie shall be fashion backward like his parents.  He won’t
be wheeled around in a savvy, hip Bugaboo stroller (which costs a mere
$800) nor will he rest his wee head on gingham striped sheets with a
coordinating frog themed quilt, however, we will ostentatiously
plaster our fridge with his picture, and we might even throw in an Aerosmith onesie for style. 
 

0 comments: