Monday, October 12, 2009

Don't Ask

Jim shaved his head four years ago. It looked awful, but I love him and I love who he is, and if he wants to rock the shaved head look, then far be it from me to disagree.

...Until he shaved it the second time. I really thought the first time was also the last (got it out of his system), but for someone who has a disgustingly thick head of hair, he sure isn't suitably fond of it. The second time he shaved it, we were supposed to go out on a double date, with friends who were in from out of town. I came home from work, having dropped off the kids on the way home, and when I walked through the door there was some axe murderer in my bathroom. I shrieked a little. It was Jim of course, totally springing the badass look on me unexpectedly. Several years went by before I recovered sufficiently to not start sputtering every time he mentioned doing it again.
And it's not that I don't like the shaved look, but rather just Jim with a shaved head. He looks kind of scary. The kids however disagree with me, or at least Jamie does. He's been begging me all day if he can have hair like daddy, because yes, Jim shaved his head again. Although this time he's sporting a mohawk for a few days before it all disappears.

Somehow (don't ask me how) a few months ago, we both decided it would be cool to shave our heads together. For him it would just be more of the kind of change he loves to embrace, for me it would have shaken my world, rocked my vanity and pretty much left me wondering who I was. I wanted to do it, I really did. And maybe someday I'll work up the nerve to find out who the curly-less side of me is, but this time I chickened out. :-( As a compromise I got it cut short and dyed dark red. Jim loves it. I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not.







8 comments:

tehBeautifulAngie said...

Love the color Ez.

Cheerios said...

i'm sorry to say this, but i think the badass mohawk look suits him. i think you both look extremely hot!!!!

JessL said...

wow! Love the badass mohawk look :-D. You look lovely as always. I love that last shot of y'all, that is awesome.

Lauryl Lane said...

Well, the mohawk makes him look younger! I don't hate it... actually it sort of works on him. And your hair looks awesomesauce. That last picture is HOT.

Jessica said...

awesome! and that last pic is SO FREAKING GREAT.

ShellyLynn said...

lol. wow. I'm glad to be forewarned! Rahul's been talking for years about shaving his head. Please don't let Jim talk him into it. Rahul's head is shaped like a football.

Johanna said...

LOVE the photos. You guys are gorgeous. Can I say that about your husband? ;-)

Joshua said...

Oh my god, Jim looks brilliant.