Friday, February 8, 2013

Water stop

I feel like this week has been a marathon... I've got lots I want to remember about this week, so this is just a preliminary reminder to my future self.

Robbie likes baths now!  He hears the water come on, and starts flapping his hands around like a gay man at a Nordstrom's sale.   So hilarious.  I'm not sure what changed.  Part of the problem (or solution...depending how you look at it) is his love of food.  He loves food so much, he normally ends up not only eating it, but wearing it as well.   Consequently, he gets bathed a lot these days.  I guess in his mind it was either give up his precious food or learn to like water. 

Jamie has been sleeping a lot better too.  He made himself a list of things he needed to sleep at night, and every night we check each thing off.  I told him it had to be a short list, which in my mind was two or three things, and in his mind was eighteen to twenty things.  We compromised with six things:

A bedtime story
Prayer
Music
The fan on
A comfy pillow
His stuffed dog

He is trying so hard to be brave.  In the wee hours this morning, Charlie got up to go potty and Jamie heard the noise and freaked.  I heard his scared, little voice come wavering down the hall, "Who's there?"

Charlie, very reassuringly, poked his head out of the bathroom and said, "My name is Charlie Ramsey and it's ok.  I'm not a bad guy." 

It's ok people.  Charlie Ramsey's in the house.


0 comments: