Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 30, 2005

June 30, 2005

    I’ve realized with dismay that it’s been an entire
week since I last posted on here.   I’m on the verge of never
posting again (“never” probably means something closer to “A very long
time).  I’m also on the verge of a complete funk, which I’m told
by people, (in a very patronizing tone) it’s just me being a hormonal
pregnant woman.  I want to slap them or at least let forth a
string of very un-lady like vocabulary.  Hopefully it would shock
them into silence, but then I really would be a hormonal pregnant woman, so I settle for the most withering, disdainful stare I can muster up and retreat to my trailer.
     I went shopping
with my mom today.  I just needed a few things but Jim wouldn’t
let me go without someone to help me (or spy on me to make sure I don’t
do anything remotely interesting) so Mom volunteered and ended up
shopping
for what seemed like hours while I sat at Starbucks and waited for her
.
Aghh…it’s frustrating, although there were a few funny moments.
My belly is
starting to pop out a little bit and even though all my pants still
fit, my shirts don’t cover my tummy so it kind of sticks out.  I think
it looks cute, and I’ve just been letting it hang out. There are no
stretch marks (yet), my tummy’s tan and Jim totally think it looks
adorable,
so I see no reason to buy maternity clothes (yet).  My
wonderful-but-rather-conservative parents haven’t
said anything, but today while we were shopping my mom suggested we
look in a maternity shop. Sounded fun to me (I can be naive sometimes
and I had no idea what she was really trying to imply). I didn’t really
see anything I wanted.  I tried on a few things but even the extra small’s
were
huge in the belly so nothing fit.  My mom however, had a different
agenda. She said she wanted to buy me something.  I graciously
declined,
but she persisted. We finally found something that “fit” by her
standards, but it made me feel like I was wearing a big sack over my
head.  I was still trying to talk her out of it when she clarified and said she felt
really bad that Jim couldn’t afford to buy me maternity clothes,
forcing me to let my tummy stick out of my normal clothes.  It caught me
completely off guard.  I didn’t tell her we have plenty of money to buy maternity clothes,
I just don’t like them.  In a moment of impulsiveness, I swept up the
shirt in question, marched up to the counter and bought it.
Now I’m home, staring at this stupid shirt trying to figure out what
to do with it.  Which reminds me of another
predicament.   I spent Tuesday at the beach for my
cousin’s birthday “picnic”.   Much to my dismay, none of my
swimsuits fit, so like it or not I was left with a two
piece as my only option  (not being concerned enough with modesty
to resort to something like a t-shirt and shorts).   I
dubiously wondered whether or not it’s acceptable to wear a bikini when
your pregnant.  I know it’s supposedly the latest chic thing, but I’m
not sure how many normal people actually read Vogue and think it’s ok for people other than Reese Witherspoon to sport a bare pregnant belly.
  
So I’m still wondering, is it disgusting, defrauding or cute to see a pregnant woman with her tummy showing?

0 comments: