Monday, January 7, 2013

A spoonful of sugar helps the Monday go down

Mondays are not sustainable around here. As in...something's gotta change. I'm not terribly good at puréeing cauliflower, while teaching Jamie how to make fresh water out of saltwater, while nursing a baby, while Charlie empties every drawer and cupboard in the house looking for his pretend pet snake.

Tomorrow is our first class day post-holidays, and our classical conversations stuff is scattered hither and thither. I was collecting targets for tomorrow's review game and was super impressed by how many I was quickly locating, until I realized the boys were taking the same ones out over and over again. Doh.

They were having too much fun to stop at such minor thwarting, so they upped their game to giving all my classroom supplies to Robbie to eat, breaking my pointer and covering the the kitchen floor with little pieces of eggshells for that nice crackle sound effect that makes you feel like you're walking across a floor of crunchy cockroaches.

Robbie is not allowed to walk until he is at least fourteen months... (and not just because this house is hazardous for his health) I don't have time for him to be mobile yet. As it is, today he somehow finagled his way underneath the rocking chair in his room and then couldn't figure out how to get out.

It was the kind of day that needs chocolate, but I stayed strong and didn't break into any of the decadent stuff Jim put in my stocking. Thankfully, the evening took a turn for the better. My husband makes everything ok (often just by his presence), I am however scheming on how next Monday can be less... Hair-pulling-inducing.

Also, I finally found a snack Charlie will eat! Roasted acorn squash seeds, which Charlie has dubbed "tiny chips". So it wasn't exactly the sugar he wanted, but whatever makes the begging for junk food to stop, makes me happy.

0 comments: